Myst in Retrospect was a series of critical essays on the Myst adventure game series which appeared on my blog from 2012 through 2013. A complete anthology, in print or ebook format, is now available!
- Myst. Bring the red pages! Or the blue pages.
- The Book of Atrus. Your first dose of backstory.
- Riven. The Moby-Dick of adventure games.
- The Book of D’ni. In which Atrus violates the Prime Directive.
- Exile. The one with Brad Dourif in it.
- Revelation. How Yeesha got so screwed up.
- The Book of Ti’ana. The D’ni die out because a girl gets in the clubhouse.
- Uru: Ages Beyond Myst. It turns out the D’ni were actually evil all along.
- Uru: To D’ni. Great, you found the thingies. Now find some more.
- Uru: The Path of the Shell. The answer is fifteen minutes.
- End of Ages. No fear, Esher’s here! Also the bahro.
- The Great Tree of Possibilities. Final thoughts on the series.
About the anthology
In addition to the original essays (revised and expanded!) the anthology includes the following exclusive content:
- A complete examination of the games’ music
- Feminist analysis of the series
- A look at the weirdness that was the comic books
- An examination of realMyst
So don’t miss out! buy your copy today!