Hello everyone, and welcome to Issue 4. I’ll take this opportunity to say a few words about what will be coming soon:
- First and foremost: the character we see here is Mary Atwright, who hasn’t appeared much up to this point. If you need to refresh your memory, I recommend the Dramatis Personae, or these two pages.
- More adventure. Where Issue 3 was more about the characters struggling with their pasts, this one is far more about intrigue in the present, which some of you are probably relieved to hear.
- Same art style. How about that, a new issue with the same kind of art that the last one had! What a concept.
- It’s a long one. I feel I should warn you ahead of time that this issue is considerably longer than the last three. Instead of my usual 25 or so, it’s running at an estimated 43. Depending on my mood, I may decide to split it into two issues. We’ll see when the time comes.
- Opportunity for Tintin bonus points. Page 1 only: Can you spot the Tintin character making a cameo on this page?
Thanks for reading the comic, and I hope you enjoy Issue 4: Adrift.